Tuesday, July 24, 2012

And now for something completely different...

I'm not one for simply reblogging from other sites, typically. This short article, however, tickled me so thoroughly and will provide such a welcome relief from yet another protracted multi-part, one-sided argument that I can't help but share it:

Hipster Christians, I'm going to help you out. I see you are grasping at something, trying to find the ironic Church of your dreams, where men can grow beards of foolish proportions and women can dress like their grannies' grannies, a place where scarves are worn in every unfashionable fashion imaginable, a place where people do shots and eat hummus at community gatherings, enjoy rooms filled with a fog of incense and prefer to read books that pre-date industrialisation.

I would like to direct your attention to "The Orthodox Church."

With this teaser having whet your appetite, I'll direct you to the rest of this charming post on the original site.

No comments:

Post a Comment